Tuesday 1 May 2012

T-12 to Takeoff

So it's my last night in Vancouver, and I am like this, just counting down the minutes


I've packed my bags (four times) and (quaduruple) checked that I have everything. It amazed me that I can pack my next two months worth of clothes and granola bars into a 45-L backpack from MEC.


 Since we aren't allowed out of the house after dark, as thats when all the hyenas come out, I've got my nights to read all those books I have always meant to. I've got my great literature reads for the trip: Gravity's Rainbow, Germs Guns and Steel, Don Quixote, War and Peace, and Tender is the Night. it gets dark at 6pm. Also downloaded some quality movies (Disney say what)  as well as Planet Earth.

Really at this point, all there is between myself and Kenya is an evening and a day and a half of flying.

1 comment:

  1. Добрый час Katie! Wishing you a wonderful, safe, life-transforming, difference making trip for you and those you support through your work with this organization. Happy trails and keep us posted via your blog . . . we'll be with you in thought every step of the way! Love and hugs from Jim, Jessi and meeee :-)

    ReplyDelete